[Bp_ipv6] Fwd: [connect-wg] Research project and survey: Network filtering and IP spoofing

Michael Oghia mike.oghia at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 05:47:12 EST 2017

FYI

Best,
-Michael

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Franziska Lichtblau <franziska at inet.tu-berlin.de>
Date: Wed, Mar 1, 2017 at 10:09 AM
Subject: [connect-wg] Research project and survey: Network filtering and IP
spoofing
To: connect-wg at ripe.net

Hi,

we are a team of researchers from TU Berlin [1] working on a measurement
project
to assess the ramifications of traffic with spoofed source IP addresses in
the
Internet. This is a follow-up to the talk I gave in this WG in Madrid. As I
got
a lot of positive and encouraging feedback after my talk we are continuing
this
project.

To better understand the operational challenges that you as network
operators
face when deploying (or not deploying) source IP address filtering
techniques,
we'd like to invite you to participate in our survey.

If you could spare 5 minutes of your time, we'd be delighted if you could
fill
out our survey form and tell us about your current practices regarding
network
filtering.

To participate, please visit:
[2] http://filteringsurvey.inet.tu-berlin.de/

If you have any concerns or questions, you can reply on-list or contact us
via
[3] filtering-survey at inet.tu-berlin.de. We will only publish anonymized
results of
this study and once we've analyzed your feedback we'll publish a digest of
the
results on-list if you're interested.

As you are probably subscribed to more network operator lists and WG lists
you
might encounter this mail multiple times. We apologize for cross-posting,
but in
order to get results that will give us meaningful insights we need the
broadest
coverage we can get.

Thank you very much for your support!

Franziska Lichtblau

[1] www.inet.tu-berlin.de
[2] http://filteringsurvey.inet.tu-berlin.de/
[3] filtering-survey at inet.tu-berlin.de

--
Franziska Lichtblau, M.A.            building MAR, 4th floor, room 4.004
Fachgebiet INET - Sekr. MAR 4-4          phone: +49 30 314 757 33