[Bp_ipv6] Submission of response related Japanese cases.

Hiroshi Esaki hiroshi at wide.ad.jp
Mon Sep 5 00:44:01 EDT 2016

Dear IPv6 Colleagues,

I, Hiroshi Esaki from Japan, have submitted response to the
case studies introducing cases of wide-area infrastructure
deployment in Japan. Some of cases uses IPv6 different from conventional
use on the Internet.
I have picked up the following three infrastructure development.

    (1) Smart Meter, on-going
    (2) NGN IPv6, on-going
    (3) Mobile IPv6 Launch, preparing

For example for (1), it is Smart meter system for residential houses
in Japan, deployed by major electric utility companies.
Especially, TEPCO (http://www.tepco.co.jp/en/index-e.html), that is
the largest company in Japan accommodating more than 30 Million
residential houses, and Kyushu Electric Power Company
(http://www.kyuden.co.jp/en_index.html), that accommodates more
than 8 million residential house, has been developing IPv6 single
stack smart meter access network. TEPCO mainly uses multi-hop
wireless network with 6LOWPAN and Kyushu Electric Power Company
mainly uses 4G LTE IPv6 service for the access network.

I hope this helps!

Best,

Hiroshi Esaki, WIDE Project

--
=======================================

Hiroshi ESAKI, Ph.D
  Professor,
  Graduate School of Information Science and Technology,
  The University of Tokyo,
  102A2, 7-3-1 Hongo, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-8656, Japan
  Email   hiroshi at wide.ad.jp
  TEL : +81-3-5841-7465
  FAX : +81-3-5841-7465
  http://www.i.u-tokyo.ac.jp/