[Bp_ipv6] RIPE-554: BCOP Document for IPv6 Equipment Purchase

Izumi_Okutani izumiokutani at yahoo.co.jp
Mon Nov 21 05:36:07 EST 2016

Thank you very much Merike - really appreciate that you have take time to look at other sections in addition to the text you have worked on.

I agree that the current text is misleading as though IPv6 is a totally new technology so thanks for pointing it out and the suggested text.

I added comments on google docs to your feedback including for other sections, which are all helpful. Excellent observation that it is important for consumers to be aware of which equipment supports security functionality in IPv6 so they purchase equipment which supports those features such as for the IoT.
(As a side point but related as the nature of the issue , this was an issue observed for NTP based DDos that endusers in Japan have equipment vulnerable to those attacks and not easy for ISPs to address it when the equipment is purchased by their customers)

Many thanks also to Silvia Hagen for thoroughly reviewing the text and making several great suggestions.

iPhoneから送信