[Bp_ipv6] Reflecting on my BPF experiences

Michael Oghia mike.oghia at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 09:32:00 EST 2016

Dear colleagues,

Over the past year or so, I've had the pleasure of working with the BPFs on
IPv6 and IXPs. When I first got involved, I didn't know much about IPv6 at
all and I knew nothing about IXPs, yet no one in either groups discouraged
me. I instantly felt welcomed and you all quickly made use of some of the
non-technical, Internet-related skills I have (such as copy editing and
outreach).

Jane Coffin encouraged me to reflect on my time since joining the Internet
governance community in August 2015, and as a result, I am happy to share
with you a guest post that DiploFoundation published where I discuss my
active engagement in Internet governance even without a technical
background, and the importance of collaboration across stakeholder groups:

https://www.diplomacy.edu/blog/i%E2%80%99m-not-%E2%80%98technical-person%E2%80%99-i-don%E2%80%99t-have-be

Thank you for always making me feel welcome and valued. It is a pleasure to
collaborate with you.

Best,
-Michael

Michael J. Oghia