[Bp_ipv6] Fwd: [ipv6-wg] New on RIPE Labs: Results of IPv6 Deployment Survey

JORDI PALET MARTINEZ jordi.palet at consulintel.es
Tue Nov 15 12:22:13 EST 2016

Hi Izumi, all,

Responding to your question. In the survey, to allow as many people as possible to respond, even if they don’t know all the responses, many questions are not mandatory.

This is the case for the one you mention. So, as there are 52% of “no answer”, it doesn’t mean that this % is an “alternative” answer, so we must take the “real” proportion of only the people that responded yes is commercial or not yet.

So in total we have 372 answers for yes, and 199 for no. Total answers: 372+199 (571), so the % for yes is 65,14%. Not sure why/how I rounded up to 64% … may be I misstyped some digit or I forgot something now, but is an irrelevant 1% difference.

Actually looking to the rest of the survey details it makes sense, because is being answered for people that does IPv6 (I can ping and traceroute to many addresses in each AS IPv6 block. I did a script to verify it). So even people that didn't responded, I can see their IPv6 addresses in the apache logs, they match their whois, and they are “reachable”.

Saludos,
Jordi