[Bp_ipv6] Call for contributions - Preparation (Feedback to questions by: 22nd July)

Izumi Okutani izumi at nic.ad.jp
Tue Jul 26 12:29:27 EDT 2016

Wim,

Would you help us clean up the google doc for the questions? Thanks for your help.

To colleagues,
In the meantime, please feel free to spread the questions to potential contributors. The document with questions are not yet clean but the contents are fixed.

Eduardo and all.

> I do agree that we don’t have to study cases that are not representative
> to today’s reality. But there are some implementations using 6lowpan in
> market which any company can afford it. For example, Texas Instruments
> products.
> http://www.ti.com/lsds/ti/wireless_connectivity/6lowpan/overview.page.
>

> Maybe if we contact them, they could give some ideas to improve our
> research. Anyway, I am just spreading ideas.

Sure! Thanks for bringing it up - Sharing and spreading ideas are certainly welcome.

The point you made that there are affordable IoT products available is worth considering to incorporate in our document IMO perhaps not as case studies of the best practices(as we want to be careful in introducing untested cases as best practices) at the end of the paper for example, to describe as future possibilities and status of readiness of IPv6 usage outside conventional Internet.

Any thoughts, everyone?

> Izumi
>

> I agree that the question might sound too technical. But if you only put
>   “ Did you achieve what you planned in the deployment? “ you might
> receive a short answer, like “yes we achieved”. And it will be useless.
> That’s why i wrote “Describe in a few words, what was your IPv6 planning
> ? What were your goals and what have you reached?”. Do you have other ideas?

OK, I have incorporated them as Q1 and Q2d below.

I would like to be specific in "what was your IPv6 planning" and avoid duplicates with Q1 (if I understood your intention correctly).
I reflected your second part of your question as it is, to taken in your concern.

---
1.    Describe in a few words, what was your IPv6 planning ?(Multiple options can be chosen)
a.Corporate network infrastructure (Web server, mail server, Internet connectivity to corporate network users)
b.Service Infrastructure (Specify the service you provide:                                 )
c.Customer base for service(s) you provide (Specify the service you provide:   )
d.Other (                                                                                     )

2.    IPv6 deployment?
a.   When did you start the planning and how long did it take?
b.    When did you start the deployment and how long did it take?
c.     When did you complete IPv6 deployment?
d.   What were your goals and what have you reached?”
---

Izumi