[Bp_ipv6] BPF IPv6 - call notes / work schedule
wdegezelle at drmv.be
Wed Sep 30 19:41:45 EDT 2015
Please find below the notes of last week’s conference call.
Important are the dates on which we plan to close the discussion on the different sections of the google document.
Keep them in mind if you want to contribute to the draft text.
A link to the recording is at the bottom of the text.
Thank you for your cooperation !!
Status update and drafting process
· In the course of next month (October) the status of the BP Outcome document will gradually change from a ‘document in drafting’ to a ‘draft document open for public comment’. The different sections will be moved from the google document <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DHV8VhlzCp_bnd6fsjBBwDq2XKtS51Jtn2i-JmoEKug/edit?pli=1> to the public review platform <http://www.intgovforum.org/cms/best-practice-forums/5-creating-an-enabling-environment-for-ipv6-adoption#review-platform>, and the work on the mailing list will focus on the remaining sections.
· Timeline: (online schedule on google docs <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dD3K2KUIw8b4furfU4-3O4MH_TFqg2V5OGFzXGpVNsU/edit?pli=1>)
o Introduction and Background closed on Aug 31
o Ipv6 Task Forces Sept 25
o Technical Capacity Building Oct 7
o Business perspective Oct 7
o Role of governments Oct 15
o Role of End users Oct 15
o Tracking Success / Measurements Oct 30
o Case studies of IPv6 Champions Oct 30
· Comments received via the public review platform will be sent to the mailing list for assessment and eventually included next version of the draft outcome document.
· The Best Practice Survey <http://www.intgovforum.org/cms/best-practice-forums/5-creating-an-enabling-environment-for-ipv6-adoption#best-practice-survey>will remain open until after the IGF meeting; periodic compilations will be published (19 Sept update <http://www.intgovforum.org/cms/documents/best-practice-forums/creating-an-enabling-environment-for-the-development-of-local-content/515-igf2015-bpfipv6-surveysubmissions-sept19>)
Preparation of the BPF IPv6 session at the IGF – first exchange of ideas
· When? 11 November (Day 2), from 9.00 until 10.30.
· The session should present the BPF and explain how the draft outcome document was developed, and then zoom in on best practices and policy messages.
· The format of the session should allow involvement the audience; the traditional panel discussions are to be avoided.
Business perspective section
· It would be good to have testimonials by one or more of the big players that are deploying IPv6 (eg Comcast, Time Warner, …) and persuade them to explain the business plan behind their decision.
Role of end users section
· It’s difficult to identify a real role for individual end users to stimulate an enabling environment for IPv6.
· The section could describe the consequences for end users if big platforms (eg Facebook) one day decide to fully switch to IPv6 and suggest best practices to warn/prepare the end user (for examples ‘IPv6 ready’ labels and certifications).
· Alternatively the section could focus on the benefits for the end user of home automation and the Internet of things and explain the importance of IPv6 deployment in this context.
· A doodle poll will be sent to schedule a call in the week of 5 and 19 October.
· All are invited to contribute on the open sections of the draft document.
· Suggestions for the 90 minutes session (format, speakers, …) are welcome.
The recording of the call is available via he link below.
IGF BPF IPv6 9th Virtual Meeting
Duration: 57 minutes
Streaming recording link (click) <https://intgovforum.webex.com/intgovforum/ldr.php?RCID=e887e4d858f083d2d776a71b443cd904>
DUERMOVO - DRMV
wdegezelle at drmv.be
mobile +32 475390185
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Bp_ipv6