[Bp_ipv6] Looking for your thoughts - Section on End Users

Howard, Lee lee.howard at twcable.com
Fri Sep 25 13:29:54 EDT 2015

On 9/25/15, 11:21 AM, "Bp_ipv6 on behalf of Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond"
<bp_ipv6-bounces at intgovforum.org on behalf of ocl at gih.com> wrote:

>Speaking of logos, I was in an IPv6 conference a couple of days ago and
>saw that the logos shown on http://www.worldipv6launch.org/ were still
>very much alive, with CISCO firmly using them - including on stickers.

True, but the qualification to using that is very low.

>Otherwise, there's the IPv6 Forum logos, all currently displayed at the
>top of http://www.ipv6forum.com/
>
>Isn't it just a matter of time before they start getting used?

I doubt it. I think manufacturers think of logos as being costs, not
revenues.

However, some of them do think that DLNA and uPNP logos are important, and
the latest version of those require IPv6.
Extending other specifications to require IPv6 might also be useful,
although I admit I don¹t see how layer 2 protocols (IEEE 802) or
power-saving specs could be applied.

Lee