[Bp_ipv6] Looking for your thoughts - Section on End Users

Howard, Lee lee.howard at twcable.com
Sun Sep 20 19:12:44 EDT 2015

On 9/19/15, 11:10 AM, "Bp_ipv6 on behalf of Deen, Glenn (NBCUniversal)"
<bp_ipv6-bounces at intgovforum.org on behalf of glenn.deen at nbcuni.com> wrote:

>Hi Olivier,
>
>Thanks, that is exactly the kind of certification I was referring to, and
>it should be included in the report.   Though I was thinking of a
>consumer level equivalent that would appear on home CE devices such as
>TVs, DVRs, tablets, laptops, cameras , wifi enable SD cards, connected
>appliances etc. The ipv6ready tests seem to are networking device and
>enterprise device focused and while very helpful for network architects
>overwhelming technically for consumers.

Interoperability tests aren¹t really for consumers. For consumer devices,
they¹re for vendors to make sure their stuff actually works.

>Do you, or anyone, know if they plan a  CE version for consumers,
>including building brand recognition around the logo? If so that would
>merit a mention if not more in the report.
>
>I looked through their database but didn't find any CE devices beyond
>home gateway/router devices.   Are there any examples of IPv6 consumer
>devices?    I recall there is at least one TV on the market that supports
>IPv6 though I don't recall which manufacturer or model it was.

I think Samsung¹s new models support IPv6.
Several printers run IPv6.
Nest thermostats.
Wireless light bulbs.
Panasonic cameras.

Sure, there are still items with no IPv6-supporting vendors, but the IPv6
market is growing. Search for ³IPv6 <device>² for whatever device you care
to think of.

Lee