[Bp_ipv6] Looking for your thoughts - Section on End Users

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Sat Sep 19 14:03:27 EDT 2015

Dear Glenn,

agreed we should definitely be including this in the report.
As far as consumer devices are concerned, I guess this should extend to
them, however consumer device manufacturers evolve in a different
universe than the usual telco/network people manufacturers. I guess the
IPv6 Forum hasn't so extensively linked up to consumer manufacturers yet.

All is not dull, though, as ISOC announced this last year:
http://www.internetsociety.org/deploy360/blog/2014/01/ces-2014-cea-announces-ipv6-specification-for-consumer-electronics/

ARIN's sent a great team to CES this year:
http://teamarin.net/2015/01/15/ces-2015-bringing-ipv6-answers-world-consumer-electronics/

Re: TV manufacturer, I guessed it was Sony - they're usually far ahead
of the curve.
http://docs.esupport.sony.com/imanual/NA/2013/65S990A/uc_uen/c_cntnet_ipv6.html

Another notable manufacturer is Philips with their HUE light bulbs that
have a centralised controller that's IPv6 compatible. It's quite a big deal

Kindest regards,

Olivier

--
Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond, PhD