[Bp_ipv6] Looking for your thoughts - Section on End Users

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Sat Sep 19 07:46:44 EDT 2015

Hello Glenn,

You raised a got point about IP version identification. While IETF is
rightly silent about this I think equipment producers has no limit on the
level of promotion that they can do and I expect such buzz word like "v6
enabled" would be a good thing to provoke curiosity of some end users that
care about such details.

That said, it's one thing to put such promotional words/logo on devices,
it's another thing for it to have meaning to the buyer. At the moment, a
typical end user just wants to be able to access his/her favourite services
on the internet and so long as the device is tested to do that they would
be fine. So while it's good to keep the end users informed and familiar
with the need to have v6 enabled devices, I think one of the main catalyst
that will ensure that is the Internet content/service providers; end users
will naturally be informed about choice of device once/if there is value in
v6 enabled content/services.

Regards

Sent from my Asus Zenfone2
Kindly excuse brevity and typos.