[Bp_ipv6] Looking for your thoughts - Section on End Users

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Fri Sep 18 21:08:43 EDT 2015

Hello all,

On 16/09/2015 11:08, Marco Hogewoning wrote:
> Might want to tap into Olivier and see if with his ALAC hat he can think of content? Also equally happy to skip it and get rid of the section all together.

Unfortunately members of At-Large and the ALAC in particular, have very
little interest in IPv6. We have a working group called "Technical
Issues", that deals with any technical issues, as its name implies. It
is very quiet. Remember that the ALAC is restricted in its scope by
ICANN's mandate - Internet identifiers & domain names in particular and
that there is little impact of IPv6 in the DNS as far as an end user is
concerned.

That said, I would wear my other hat and suggest asking ISOC Chapters. I
can definitely do that. Chapters are made up of end users and they are
bound to come up with good points. Would this be a good way forward?

Kind regards,

Olivier