[Bp_ipv6] Looking for your thoughts - Section on End Users

Nathalie Trenaman nathalie at ripe.net
Wed Sep 16 04:44:27 EDT 2015

Hi all,

> On 16 Sep 2015, at 07:35, Susan Chalmers <susan at chalmers.associates> wrote:
>
> Greetings all,
>
> We've provisionally included a section on End User Action in our draft.
>
> Can I ask the list for their thoughts and expertise on this section?
>
> What best practices, if any, are there for IPv6 adoption by end users?
>
> How should this section be structured?
>
> Should this section be included at all?
>
> Many thanks everyone. I'm working on a calendar for the balance of our work. Your thoughts on this subject will assist that exercise.

If I recall correctly, Aaron addressed that earlier, by saying that end-users should buy future proof internet devices. For example devices that support IPv6.
Considering a TV, home router, smart meters, etc.
I agree with this, but on the other hand, I can say from experience that this is not easy. I don’t know an IPv6 enabled smart TV or thermostat at the moment…..

Nathalie