[Bp_ipv6] Additional input for the IPv6 BPF document

ntrenaman ntrenaman at ripe.net
Tue Sep 8 03:48:17 EDT 2015

Hi all,

>> APNIC has collaborated with ITU-D for the last five years by
>> supporting
>> delivery of a high quality hands-on IPv6 capacity development
>> workshop to
>> network engineers, technical staff of regulators and policy makers
>> of
>> governments in development economies in the AP region.
>>
>> The workshop content focuses on IPv6 transition strategies and
>> technologies, and IPv6 infrastructure security including hands-on
>> workshop
>> and team work exercises. The course is designed to provide practical
>> and
>> useful IPv6 knowledge and skills that participants can bring back to
>> their
>> home economy and apply in their networks. We will continue this
>> collaboration with ITU.
>>
>> I think this is another positive example of IPv6 BP in the area of
>> collaboration between the Internet technical community and
>> inter-governmental organisation.

RIPE NCC has a similar project, called the IPv6 Roadshow.
The IPv6 Roadshow is a collaboration between MENOG (Middle East Network
Operator Group),
Local TRAs (Telecom Regulators) and RIPE NCC.
We offer hands-on IPv6 training courses for ISPs and enterprises.
The training courses are certified by the IPv6 Forum.

http://www.menog.org/ipv6-roadshow/
https://www.ripe.net/publications/news/announcements/ipv6-roadshow-highlights-issues-and-opportunities-for-government-and-enterprise-network-operators-in-the-middle-east

Apart from that, we have set up an IPv6 Train the Trainer program for
the MENOG region.
The initiative was created by the RIPE NCC and is designed to train
and build a diverse pool of highly skilled Arab trainers capable of
delivering
IPv6 Roadshow workshops in the region.

https://www.ripe.net/publications/news/about-ripe-ncc-and-ripe/uae-tra-centre-of-innovation-organises-train-the-trainer-initiative-in-cooperation-with-the-ripe-ncc

Of course, RIPE NCC also offers IPv6 webinars and hands-on training
courses open to all our members and
the RIPE NCC IPv6 academy, where anyone can certify their IPv6
knowledge.
Our training material is created with the Creative Commons licence,
meaning that it can be used and distributed for educational purposes.
https://www.ripe.net/support/training

I hope this helps too.

With kind regards,

Nathalie