[Bp_ipv6] Additional input for the IPv6 BPF document

Miwa Fujii miwa at apnic.net
Mon Sep 7 08:59:52 EDT 2015

Hi All,

Previously, I have shared APNIC¹s effort to collaborate with APEC TEL
forum as one of positive examples of IPv6 BP for this forum, and its
outcome such as supportive ministerial statements and development of APEC
TEL IPv6 Deployment Guidelines as one of positive examples of IPv6 BP.  I
would like to share one more example.

APNIC has collaborated with ITU-D for the last five years by supporting
delivery of a high quality hands-on IPv6 capacity development workshop to
network engineers, technical staff of regulators and policy makers of
governments in development economies in the AP region.

The workshop content focuses on IPv6 transition strategies and
technologies, and IPv6 infrastructure security including hands-on workshop
and team work exercises. The course is designed to provide practical and
useful IPv6 knowledge and skills that participants can bring back to their
home economy and apply in their networks. We will continue this
collaboration with ITU.

I think this is another positive example of IPv6 BP in the area of
collaboration between the Internet technical community and
inter-governmental organisation.

Hope this provides some useful input.

Thanks.

miwa