[Bp_ipv6] Following today's discussion

Izumi Okutani izumi at nic.ad.jp
Tue Oct 27 02:59:50 EDT 2015

Hi Miwa,

Thank you for your help in reaching out to private sectors in Japan.
I'm sure Susan will get back to you with a comprehensive response - my response while waiting for her time zone to be online.

> - Whom do you submit this document?

The final document will be produced by a consultant engaged by the IGF Secretariat based on the discussions within our group.
Our consultant is Wim Degezelle. It will then be published on the IGF microwebsite for the Best Practices.

Best Practices documents from 2014 may give you some idea (listed in "Categories") :
http://www.intgovforum.org/cms/documents/best-practice-forums

> - Will this document be distributed worldwide?

Yes, that's the idea, to be distributed worldwide.

 - Discussed at the IGF in João Pessoa, Brazil with global participants (10 to 13 November )
 - Published on the IGF micro website available for anyone to see.
 - We reach out to bodies/organisations in various regions. They can help us proactively share with their respective stakeholders.

> - How do you distribute this document?

As described about, we reach out to various bodies/organisations after posting on the IGF microsite.
The group hasn't yet discussed the specific list of organisations to reach out.

Whether this is just for online sharing, or we would like to have some face to face opportunities to present them in any other forums than IGF, hasn't been discussed, including its needs.

> - Who will receive the document?

IGF secretariat will receive the document, but they publish it on the website is open for anyone to read.

If you mean the target reader, one of the stakeholders identified is governments.
The section on the private sector would serve as a good reference to those who are considering to makde a decision on IPv6 deployment in their networks as well.

Do people see anyone else to add?

Given the government is considered as one of the readers, I suspect it would make sense to consider governmental organisations as a potential target of outreach.
Also to national and regional IGFs are where most key update on the global IGF are shared.

Suggestions are certainly welcome, if you know any community/body/organization who would find value in having this document shared.

I hope this helps!

Izumi