[Bp_ipv6] [BMI-SPAM-Verdacht] BPF IPv6 - Call notes
Constanze.Buerger at bmi.bund.de
Constanze.Buerger at bmi.bund.de
Thu Oct 8 10:02:27 EDT 2015
we are happy to announce, we are going to join the IGF Meeting this year. And we offer you to support the BPF session by providing our experiences from German administration to the discussion and/or within nice slides.
Me and / or my consultant Tahar will attend the following calls. Tahar will provide the announced section describing the business motivation for IPv6 (IoT /Industry 4.0…) within the next days. Details can be discussed in the calls or on the mailing list.
Masters Degree in Computer Science
Division ITI 5 –IT and Netinfrastructures in the public administration.
Federal Ministry of the Interior
Alt-Moabit 140, 10557 Berlin
*4930 18 681-10617
ITI5 at bmi.bund.de<mailto:ITI5 at bmi.bund.de>
Von: Bp_ipv6 [mailto:bp_ipv6-bounces at intgovforum.org] Im Auftrag von Wim Degezelle
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 8. Oktober 2015 10:14
An: bp_ipv6 at intgovforum.org
Betreff: [BMI-SPAM-Verdacht] [Bp_ipv6] BPF IPv6 - Call notes
Please find below the main points discussed at yesterday’s BPF IPv6 call.
We focussed on the 'capacity building' and ‘measurements’ sections of the draft outcome document.
Further contributions on these and the other sections of the google document are welcome!
BPF IPv6 - Wed. 7 October - 10th Call
The draft outcome document (google docs<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DHV8VhlzCp_bnd6fsjBBwDq2XKtS51Jtn2i-JmoEKug/edit?usp=sharing>)
(Technical) capacity building
• The scope of the capacity building section will be broadened to also cover non-technical training for different stakeholders: law enforcement, policy makers, technical staff, C*level/marketing
• Preference to use ‘capacity building’ over ‘capacity development’; but both terms are considered to have the same meaning.
• Add links to course overviews that give the reader an idea of the content of the courses. No need to describe the course content in the document.
• It should be mentioned that commercial providers are offering IPv6 training (stand alone or as a part of other courses), but without providing further detail (the list is too long and too divers).
• Add a section on capacity building in developing countries examples include NSRC & APNIC/ITU-D
Tracking success: measurements
• Proposed Structure:
Measuring success: how to find measurements and interpret them; tools that stakeholders can use to measure and assess the impact of their initiatives, explore the need for action, …
‘Showing success helps to achieve it’: Using measurements as a tool to raise awareness, convince decision makers, promote IPv6 deployment, prove the effect of measures and initiatives.
• Invite APNIC to contribute
• Other: Akamai, Eric Vyncke, cisco 6lab, Google, …
Input requested for the remaining sections:
• Business perspectives
• Government initiatives
• End user support
• Case studies
• Final Draft document to be published on the IGF review platform on 30 Oct.
- This is a clean version, and will include comments already made on public platform.
- Comments made after 30 Oct and input received during the IGF will be included during the final review, after the IGF meeting.
The recording of the call is available via he link below.
IGF BPF IPv6 10th Virtual Meeting
Duration: 1h13 minutes
Streaming recording link (click)<https://intgovforum.webex.com/intgovforum/ldr.php?RCID=2d43a2f21d603bb229f8af8d23c50759>
DUERMOVO - DRMV
wdegezelle at drmv.be<mailto:wdegezelle at drmv.be>
mobile +32 475390185
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Bp_ipv6