[Bp_ipv6] BPF IPv6 - Call notes
wdegezelle at drmv.be
Thu Oct 8 04:14:29 EDT 2015
Please find below the main points discussed at yesterday’s BPF IPv6 call.
We focussed on the 'capacity building' and ‘measurements’ sections of the draft outcome document.
Further contributions on these and the other sections of the google document are welcome!
BPF IPv6 - Wed. 7 October - 10th Call
The draft outcome document (google docs <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DHV8VhlzCp_bnd6fsjBBwDq2XKtS51Jtn2i-JmoEKug/edit?usp=sharing>)
(Technical) capacity building
· The scope of the capacity building section will be broadened to also cover non-technical training for different stakeholders: law enforcement, policy makers, technical staff, C*level/marketing
· Preference to use ‘capacity building’ over ‘capacity development’; but both terms are considered to have the same meaning.
· Add links to course overviews that give the reader an idea of the content of the courses. No need to describe the course content in the document.
· It should be mentioned that commercial providers are offering IPv6 training (stand alone or as a part of other courses), but without providing further detail (the list is too long and too divers).
· Add a section on capacity building in developing countries examples include NSRC & APNIC/ITU-D
Tracking success: measurements
<>· Proposed Structure: <>
Measuring success: how to find measurements and interpret them; tools that stakeholders can use to measure and assess the impact of their initiatives, explore the need for action, …
‘Showing success helps to achieve it’: Using measurements as a tool to raise awareness, convince decision makers, promote IPv6 deployment, prove the effect of measures and initiatives.
· Invite APNIC to contribute
· Other: Akamai, Eric Vyncke, cisco 6lab, Google, …
Input requested for the remaining sections:
· Business perspectives
· Government initiatives
· End user support
· Case studies
· Final Draft document to be published on the IGF review platform on 30 Oct.
- This is a clean version, and will include comments already made on public platform.
- Comments made after 30 Oct and input received during the IGF will be included during the final review, after the IGF meeting.
The recording of the call is available via he link below.
IGF BPF IPv6 10th Virtual Meeting
Duration: 1h13 minutes
Streaming recording link (click) <https://intgovforum.webex.com/intgovforum/ldr.php?RCID=2d43a2f21d603bb229f8af8d23c50759>
DUERMOVO - DRMV
wdegezelle at drmv.be
mobile +32 475390185
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Bp_ipv6