[Bp_ipv6] Request for clarification NAT v NAT

Marco Hogewoning marcoh at ripe.net
Mon Nov 30 20:23:27 EST 2015

> On 30 Nov 2015, at 19:46, Alejandro Acosta wrote:
>
>> I fully agree with Patrik (and of course with Marco who supports Patrik's comment). I believe we should mention the impact of NAT64 in DNSSEC.
>> My only concern is that we will always be missing something..., I mean, to satisfy everyone's point of view regarding NAT (concepts, functioning, etc) will be almost impossible.
>
> Sure! Any alternative text that do explain that "NAT within a protocol is ugly but easy, NAT between protocols is more complicated" is fine with me. :-) Even if it is "catch all".

As we set out to write a non-technical document, I would not go much further into detail. Also please realise that we are passed deadlines, prefer not to open text any further.

Maybe we can include a footnote with a reference to a more in-depth technical document that explains the finer details, anybody got a pointer? Or if not possible to add to the text, maybe we can ask the secretariat to add it to the list of supporting documents already on the website.

Thanks,

Marco