[Bp_ipv6] Request for clarification NAT v NAT

Chip Sharp (chsharp) chsharp at cisco.com
Thu Nov 26 13:25:27 EST 2015

I think there might be some confusion between NAT and AFT.  AFT is a special case of NAT where there is a translation between different address families, IPV4 and IPv6.  Of course there is more than address translation in AFT (header translation).

Translation between address families is also called NAT46, NAT64, etc.  As has been mentioned we don't go into details of all the scenarios.

Happy Thanksgiving!
Chip