[Bp_ipv6] Request for clarification NAT v NAT

Alejandro Acosta alejandroacostaalamo at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 13:24:37 EST 2015

Hi Susan,
  The text that you highlighted in yellow makes totally sense.
  The case with the concept/function of NAT is that there are many
different types of NAT + ways to implement it.
  In summary (copying & pasting previous Carlos Martinez's email):

"

NAT44 is not a transition technology, in the
sense that deploying a CGN for translating IPv4 to IPv4 addresses will
not get you one inch closer to deploying IPv6.

However, NAT64 (a box that translates ipv6 packets into ipv4 packets) IS
a transition technology."

   But I think that if you have any concern with the current text we
should try to add probably one more paragraph trying to make it clear.
What does the rest of the group think?

Regards,