[Bp_ipv6] BPF on IPv6; Problem Definition

Deen, Glenn (NBCUniversal) glenn.deen at nbcuni.com
Fri May 22 12:44:26 EDT 2015

Susan,

May I also suggest as part of the problem definition we include

What does adopt IPv6 mean?

It can mean many things:

It's available:
- networks  offer it as an additional option for traffic
- devices/operating systems offer it as an option for traffic
- services offer it as an option for connecting

Or it could mean

It's preferred:
- networks offer it as the preferred  option for traffic
- devices/operating systems offer it as the preferred option for traffic
- services offer it as the preferred option for connecting

 Or it could mean

It's exclusive:
- networks  offer it as the only option for traffic
- devices/operating systems offer it as the only option for traffic
- services offer it as the only option for connecting

Defining this is important, and I don't know for certain that everyone would answer the question the same way.

Perhaps even a poll of our participants would be revealing in how we answer this.

I will go first: my ideal goal is it's exclusive; my realistic choice it's that it's preferred.

Regards,
Glenn

Sent from my iPad, please forgive any tpyos or auto connections