[Bp_ipv6] Update: Scope & Goals; Problem Definition

Susan Chalmers susan at chalmers.associates
Mon Jun 8 23:30:31 EDT 2015

Many thanks, Aaron. I look forward to reading them.

All, please do have a review in the next day, if possible. Our primary
focus is on the Scope & Goals
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JM-ChD-0zmWOpYoCqmMDTuWUvnf_4vzV5EgDuVJ96uY/edit?usp=sharing>
but we are also asking for your thoughts on the "Problem Definition" and
"Timeline."

Based upon our discussion, I think that the exercise in front of us could
really benefit from further thoughts on the following aspects of "Scope:"

*Audience - Who are we writing to? *
I sense general agreement that the paper should focus on policy & business
best practices for IPv6 adoption. This suggests a target audience composed
primarily of policymakers in government and in business. The latter can
include business of different sizes and types, from small to large, from
non-Internet industry-related, to core Internet businesses.

Would this be an okay way to describe the scope in terms of audience? If
not, why not and what would you suggest?

*Adopters - Who do we want to adopt IPv6?*
Following Alejandro's point, it may be helpful to consider the different
policies/best practices which focus on particular 'uptake target groups'
(for lack of a more graceful term): e.g., what are the best practices to
encourage ________ to adopt IPv6? (end users, governments, the agricultural
sector.....whatever we can collect information on from discussants).

Would this be an okay way to describe the scope in terms of target
adopters? If not, why not and what would you suggest?

Many thanks all, and it would be nice to have your thoughts in this week if
possible.

Sincerely.

susan at chalmers.associates