[Bp_ipv6] Update: Scope & Goals; Problem Definition

Susan Chalmers susan at chalmers.associates
Sun Jun 7 22:43:31 EDT 2015

Greetings,

I am following up on Izumi's recent emails to confirm that comments/edits
are invited on these documents by 9th June 2:00am UTC:

*Scope & Goals* (introduces the BPF, outlines its scope, goals, guiding
principles, and working methodology)

I have taken the moderator's prerogative and edited the *Scope & Goals* for
structure and readability, whilst preserving the integrity of all
substantive points offered by the discussants to date. The suggested
structure is: Introduction, Scope, Goals, Guiding Principles, Working
Methodology.

   - Tracked changes version:
   https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nQe8_Sp-7L17UYIQ81wH5Czz9qg0taGZ_52CyYUYlNo/edit?usp=sharing
   - Clean version:
   https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JM-ChD-0zmWOpYoCqmMDTuWUvnf_4vzV5EgDuVJ96uY/edit?usp=sharing

*May I suggest that, unless there are substantive/structural objections to
the proposed edits, all look to the clean version to make further
refinements before the June 9th due date.*

*'Problem Definition' *(explains common challenges to IPv6 adoption and the
help that the BPF seeks to provide; can serve as the basis for our
background paper, in addition to an introduction to the final paper)

Tomorrow, EST, I will seek to create a second draft of the document for
ease of commenting purposes. The draft will reflect the discussion that has
unfolded thus far on the mailing list.

   - The current Google doc:
   https://docs.google.com/document/d/1sGKIzpw8CvR1Gpi7rjXL63OLxk8llHcWn-3K7Bg88hI/edit?usp=sharing

Please contribute your thoughts in the meantime, if you have not done so. I
will acknowledge them in the new draft.

*Finally*, Izumi has circulated a suggested timeline for the next phases of
our discussion. Tomorrow I will put this information into a
shareable/commentable document as well. Please respond to Izumi's email on
the mailing list in the meantime.

Many thanks and let us know if you have any questions.

Sincere regards,

susan at chalmers.associates