[Bp_ipv6] Call for Comments for Contents of the "Problem Definition/Introduction" [ Before Mon 8th June UTC2:00am]

Marco Hogewoning marcoh at ripe.net
Fri Jun 5 03:20:01 EDT 2015

Hi all,

Sorry I was unable to join the call, currently busy at EuroDIG.

I agree with Miwa to the point we should avoid any duplication of work.

I also support the idea to limit it to the environmental support. As Miwa mentioned, there is no one-size solution and certainly wouldn't want this document to leave people with the impression that there might be.

Also looking at the timelines and resource constraints we probably face, I think we are getting to broad and to deep into certain areas. As we already seem to agree there are different stages, we can always discuss doing a follow up later if we find that there is something missing from the greater picture,

As to the problem statement itself, maybe we include something regarding "creating the right environment that allows for coordination between different actors in the Internet value chain". One of the bigger issues we seem to keep being confronted with are the "X has to do this, so I can do Y" and this is where things get stuck.

As with Miwa, we probably have documents describing both X and Y in detail, where this effort could become useful is to identify ways to make sure these dependencies can be resolved by coordinating between the different actors and stakeholders, which fits neatly in the bigger IGF picture of binging everybody together.

Regards,

Marco Hogewoning
External Relations - RIPE NCC

(Sent from a touch screen)