[Bp_ipv6] IGF BPF IPv6 - Update & call for Comments on the background paper

Wim Degezelle wdegezelle at drmv.be
Fri Jul 24 11:01:19 EDT 2015

Dear All,

The BPF IPv6 has become very active!!
We have the survey out, started the discussion on best practises and are revising the background document.
To keep things clear in our minds I’ve visualised where we are and where we are heading to.
Please have a look :
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zDbvUHQBVPNGSJ35k_HccJ1a1fMKwNzst7TeBk_0ENs/edit?usp=sharing <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zDbvUHQBVPNGSJ35k_HccJ1a1fMKwNzst7TeBk_0ENs/edit?usp=sharing>

Don’t hesitate to contact the coordinators or myself if you have questions.

I’ve compiled a new version of the background document based on your input and comments on version1 . In addition I've paid special attention to the two suggestions expressed during our last Webex call: (1) avoid being too technical, explain in layman’s terms otherwise the IGF audience may loose interest and (2) present IPv6 as the new standart solving the issues of IPv4 instead of creating an image that IPv6 is the problem that needs to be tackled.

Please have a look and submit your comments at
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_2uASII99UI1fI7nuSy9xhtKo8WtmqH5o3lrFMqGMIk/edit?usp=sharing <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_2uASII99UI1fI7nuSy9xhtKo8WtmqH5o3lrFMqGMIk/edit?usp=sharing>

(deadline for comments Thursday 23 July)

Thank you for your cooperation,

Kind Regards
Wim

(FYI the previous versions of the background paper can still be consulted
version 1:  https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Iz9xrMs7njqmVo-8Gp_XEHk72--2vAx55o_sQSCLlAY/edit?usp=sharing <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Iz9xrMs7njqmVo-8Gp_XEHk72--2vAx55o_sQSCLlAY/edit>
track changes v1-> v2: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_VhqMBJsIvTmEUumVI_IKPjUn6ikZ1Z8HpWyTTZLrQs/edit?usp=sharing <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_VhqMBJsIvTmEUumVI_IKPjUn6ikZ1Z8HpWyTTZLrQs/edit?usp=sharing> )

Wim Degezelle
wdegezelle at drmv.be
mobile +32 475390185
skype  w.r.d.d