[Bp_ipv6] IPv6 Task Forces: Let's get this conversation started!

Alejandro Acosta alejandroacostaalamo at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 00:37:54 EDT 2015

Hi There,
  I think I can cover two different Task Forces (of course, personally
speaking, do not take it wrong).
  First, I was chair (*1) of the Latin American and Caribbean IPv6 Task
Force (LACTF as we call it), I covered this position for 4 years, I just
finished it  3 weeks ago. I can say this is a very nice job, I enjoyed
it a lot and I had the opportunity to meet many people, for example we
had John Brzozowski (who recently joined to the list) from Comcast as
our keynote speaker two month ago.
  Well, let's go to the point, Task Forces are very important, it brings
a lot of people with the same goal together and of course, as a team you
work better. To encourage the creation Task Force should be part of our
plan, also to join regional Task Force as LACTF and Afripv6. As an
example, in the LACTF mailing list (*1) we have more than 900
subscribers and many of them are real experts in the topic, also some of
them are willing to help and answers many questions.
  Second, I also participated in the creation of a local IPv6 Task Force
(well, we do not name it task force but it is), the group name is IPv6VE
(IPv6 Venezuela), our web page is http://www.ipv6.org.ve ...., what we
have done so far is to bring this topic as an important issue for the
government, we wrote something like a public policy that was given to
the regulator, we hope them to take some actions (suggestions written in
the document). You can see the document at:
http://wiki.ipv6.org.ve/doku.php?id=politicapublica

  Regards, hope this helps.

Alejandro,

*1 I don't like this name