[Bp_ipv6] BPF IPv6 - call for contribution and updates

Susan Chalmers susan at chalmers.associates
Thu Jul 9 21:44:09 EDT 2015

Hi Chip, all,

Just to ensure clarity, the two documents attached in Wim's email relate to
one publication - the *Background Paper*.

The first document shared is a collection space for text, while the second
document is just the outline for the background paper - to give an overview
of the structure of the paper at a glance.

We will soon be sending out a template for the collection of best
practices, which will form the basis for the final outcome document and the
session at the IGF2015.

We could really use more contributions to the background document,
particularly in the section that explains or paints the aspirational
reasons for adopting IPv6.

Can I please ask everyone on the list to add some text, thoughts,
reflections, and citations to the below section in particular (as well as
all other parts of the document
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Iz9xrMs7njqmVo-8Gp_XEHk72--2vAx55o_sQSCLlAY/edit?usp=sharing>,
based upon your availability)?

We'd like to publish this document next week, and the more participants who
share their knowledge on this list the better the output!

   1. positive reasons to adopt v6
      1.

      Wider applications beyond conventional use such as homenet, which can
      lead to client to client communication rather than the client
server model
      / Internet of Things

<text>

   1.

   End-to-end reachability

<text>

   1.

   Ability to plan a 10+ year (IPv6) architecture rather than 2- years
   (IPv4)

<text>

   1.

   Simplifies security policies

<text>

   1.

   Scalability

<text>

   1.

   Mobile?

<text>

   1.

   Spurring economic growth (via new technology innovations)

<text>

susan at chalmers.associates