[Bp_ipv6] BPF IPv6 - call for contribution and updates

Chip Sharp (chsharp) chsharp at cisco.com
Tue Jul 7 13:08:24 EDT 2015

Dear Wim, all,

Thank you for your work.
I want to make sure I understand the plan.  It looks like two documents are planned.  This background document will set the stage and a second document will contain the best practices.  Is this correct?

Also, it might be useful to provide some forecasts in the Context section.  Cisco just updated its Visual Networking Index at http://www.cisco.com/go/vni
For example, the VNI forecasts that by 2019 there will be 24 billion networked devices and connections globally.  This is almost 6 times the number of unique IPv4 addresses available.  There will also be nearly 3.9 billion Internet users.  These growth projections assume that addressing and routing will not become a bottleneck.  They also assume an enabling environment that will support the growth.

Thanks,
Chip