[Bp_ipv6] Governments supporting IPv6

Gary Hunt gary.hunt at culture.gov.uk
Thu Aug 27 07:51:00 EDT 2015

Thank you Olivier,

The UK Government (DCMS) concurs with your message, it is self evident that
a 'one size fits all' approach will not work in a diverse Governemntal
Policy world....

Although problematic a certain amount of flexibility needs to made with
this Best Practice Forum output... plenty of case studies, country examples
of best practice... but it should not be *seen* in any way as being
judgmental.

Although we *all* (UK included) need to be honest and transparent, we still
need to be mindful of perceived sensitivities and national pride in all
quarters. No one wants to be seen as as lagging behind others! Conflicting
domestic as well as international pressures are considerable issues for
some governments.

The UK has commissioned an independent study on IPv6 adoption within the
UK. I *hope* to make his available to the IGF BPF IPv6 before the IGF.

Regards,

Gary

*Gary Hunt*
Senior Policy Advisor; Creative Economy, Internet and International ICT

*PLEASE NOTE, THERE IS A SLIGHT CHANGE TO MY e-MAIL ADDRESS: MY NEW  e-MAIL
ADDRESS is gary.hunt at culture.gov.uk <gary.hunt at culture.gov.uk> (the .gsi
has been dropped!), please use the new address from now on. Thank you...*

4th Floor, 100 Parliament Street, London SW1A 2BQ
Gary.Hunt at Culture.gov.uk | 020 7211 6138
@dcms  <https://twitter.com/DCMS>  /dcmsgovuk
<https://www.facebook.com/dcmsgovuk>| www.gov.uk/dcms