[Bp_ipv6] Help needed: Task Force interview questions

Marco Hogewoning marcoh at ripe.net
Mon Aug 24 12:25:24 EDT 2015

> I also propose that we issue a survey on government measures supporting IPv6 adoption - but I reckon that this would be directed towards other, new people. If people can assist with contacts in government, that would be most gracious. Should we follow the same procedure with the TF outreach? That is, list of contacts and google doc with questions? I can set this up easily.

I would advise strongly against yet another survey, especially towards governments.

To the point Nathalie raised of overdoing it, we also are reaching a significant overlap where governments or regulators are directly involved in task forces.

I also don't think many of my governments would appreciate me sharing any (contact) details in a semi-public document.

Further as mentioned, I received various signals that governments are hesitant to go "on record" on these or other topics. This is mostly just due to potential side effects on domestic politics and risk to other processes.

While such concerns might not apply to IGF, I think we should cater for such feelings and tread carefully on this.

If we can come up with one or two specific questions about government actions, I suggest we ask our NRO colleagues to contact friendly government channels in their respective service region and collected any responses. This should also probably give us some feedback on the willingness to publicly participate in the discussion and support the outcomes where necessary.

Regards,

MarcoH
(From the airport)