[Bp_ipv6] IGF BPF IPv6 5th Virtual meeting - recording

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Mon Aug 3 21:21:27 EDT 2015

Thanks very much Wim, that was helpful.

I have listened to the recording and apologise for not being able to
make it at the time.

At one point in the call, there is mention of The IPv6 Portal and asking
whether anyone had contacts with the people running it. The main person
behind it is Jordi Palet Martinez and I have corresponded with him in
the past. I haven't in a while and whilst I loved the concept of the
site (I remember giving my thumbs up when it was created by Jordi), I
have concerns that it hasn't been updated in a while.
I fear that the project may have run out of resources?

If so, this is unfortunately often the case for IPv6 promotion projects.
It has taken so long to launch IPv6 and for it to grow in use
sloooooooooowly that many projects of Web sites & information to help
the migration have run out of cash. The UK's original IPv6 Task Force,
one of the first ones that started in Europe, eventually disappeared.
Many people speak of software rot. Web site decay is equally
problematic. :-)
Nonetheless, the wayback machine shows the UK IPv6 Task Force Web site
in 2013 that had not been updated since 2004.
https://web.archive.org/web/20130315214735/http://www.uk.ipv6tf.org/

More recently in 2012 (ok, not THAT recently!) another group that was
started with much fanfare pulled its own plug
http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/2230838/uk-ipv6-transition-group-6uk-pulls-its-own-plug

Apologies for these depressing news...

Kindest regards,

Olivier

On 31/07/2015 10:19, Wim Degezelle wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> Below you can find the links to the recording of the IGF BPF IPv6 5th
> Virtual meeting
>

> Topic:
> IGF BPF IPv6 5th Virtual meeting
> Create time:
> 7/30/15 9:18 pm
> File size:
> 31.64MB
> Duration:
> 1 hour 8 minutes
> Streaming recording link:
> https://intgovforum.webex.com/intgovforum/ldr.php?RCID=a401f7db0ec1e6137af05e5e810c66eb
> Download recording link:
> https://intgovforum.webex.com/intgovforum/lsr.php?RCID=113ebc25f7071950b35498fb62c84336
>

> May I also invite you to fill in the doodle polls to schedule the
> upcoming calls:
> For each date options are given between 1am and midnight UTC.
>
> Wed Aug 12 : http://doodle.com/hcmbmkskdr7ie3ew
> <http://doodle.com/892bm4zxv8bn4ceq>
>
> Thur Aug 27: http://doodle.com/ugdzy2n3f3td5xk9
>
> Wed Sept 9: http://doodle.com/8b8nnyb5xs9qcvhe
>
> Thur Sept 24: http://doodle.com/4tge4r33re4mr55e
>

> Please indicate your availability for each of the dates *_by next
> Wednesday July 5 noon UTC_*.
> Thank you for your cooperation.
>
> Kind Regards
> Wim