[Bp_ipv6] Welcome to IPv6 Best Practices Forum and the Next Steps

Izumi Okutani izumi at nic.ad.jp
Thu Apr 30 03:45:03 EDT 2015

Dear Colleagues,

Many thanks for your interest, and for joining the IPv6 Best Practice Forum email list.

As a group, our goal is to exchange information and share best practices on activities and measures for an environment which accommodates IPv6 adoption through moderated discussion. Our discussion will continue online up until the IGF2015 in November, where it will result in the publication of a document on IPv6 best practices, to be shared with the global community. The goal of this group is not only to learn from one another, but also to share real stories and advice that will help many different communities to adopt IPv6.

To start off, we would like to do two things:

 -  Form a basic conversation on Plan for Discussion Steps leading up to the IGF2015, and
 -  Define Scope and Goals for the group, so we have a shared understanding around the scope of discussion and our goals

In this email we solicit your feedback on Plan for Discussion Steps. We will shortly send a second email relating to the Scope and Goals.
We look forward to hearing your feedback on both e-mails by Wed May 6th.

Plan for Discussion Steps

As a starting point of discussions, below is a plan for discussion steps based upon the Internet Society’s suggested template for the Best Practice Forum outcome document:

1.   Definition of the issue;
2.   Regional specificities observed (e.g. Internet industry development);
3.   Existing policy measures and private sector initiatives, impediments;
4.   What worked well, identifying common effective practices;
5.   Unintended consequences of policy interventions, good and bad;
6.   Unresolved issues where further multistakeholder cooperation is needed;
7.   Insights gained as a result of the experience;
8.   Proposed steps for further multistakeholder dialogue

We would like to address these items in order - spending a few weeks on each item (less or more, as necessary).

Please note that the above eight points are not set in stone. We can adapt them if need be, to better suit our specific discussion, and welcome you feedback on what is more suitable for IPv6 Best Practices.

Questions:
What items, if any, would you add or subtract from the lists above?
How many weeks of discussion would you allot to each item (understanding that we should save at least 2 weeks prior to the IGF (November 10th-13th) to review our work)?

Thank you,
Susan Chalmers and Izumi Okutani