[IGFmaglist] Workshop proposal Evaluation

Chengetai Masango cmasango at unog.ch
Fri May 16 13:51:33 EDT 2014

Dear All,

Please find attached:

 An excel file with the collation of the MAG workshop evaluations for our discussions next week. The file includes the grades; an indication whether the proposer, co-proposer or organizations base is from a developing, transitional economy or host country and links to a somewhat anonymized workshop description of the proposal.   A summarized version of comments made by the evaluators is also on the second line of each proposal record. It is organized in tabs
An empty draft schedule.

As I recall there was a tentative agreement to have no more than 10 concurrent streams for workshops (apart from the main sessions). After subtracting the 12 open forum requests + 7 Dynamic coalition requests + 4 best practice sessions that leaves 97 (98) slots free. If we take 97 slots as a starting figure for discussions then the base line cut off point is 3.642  giving us 97 workshops. (Adjustments may be made for developing countries or under represented areas)

The Secretariat has not taken into consideration space for the interregional dialogues (for regional and national IGF’s) and adjustments have to be made if the MAG wants to give best practices more time or if it is felt that the number of concurrent sessions have to be reduced when certain main/focus  sessions are taking place etc..

This is just a seed to the discussion. The Secretariat has also prepared an option and statistics which will be shown and explained at the start of the Tuesday session, again this is  for consideration and adjustment.

best regards

Chengetai